Do I need soundproof curtains? That depends on your situation. However, it can mean a lot to your enjoyment of life. Acoustic curtains absorb sound vibrations (high, low and medium tones). It works for exterior and interior noise.
Bothered by outside noise?
Most of the noise enters your home through the windows. Think of passing cars, a busy street, barking dogs, neighbors who are still outside while you want to sleep, etc. In the evening when the curtains are closed, they prove their worth. You create peace in the room.
Bothered by noise from inside?
There is also enough noise coming from the inside. Do you have children playing at home? Are you not able to understand each other when there are multiple people in the same room? Do you have the well-known reverberation in your newly built home? A son taking drumming lessons? Or do you want to create additional silence to enjoy classical music? These are times when acoustic curtains are important.
Degree of improved acoustics
The degree in which the curtains provide improved acoustics depends on the fabric. In short, the more & thicker the fabric, the better.
The more fabric, the better
More fabric, the more surface there is to absorb the sound waves. It is, therefore, preferable to opt for floor-to-ceiling curtains. It is advisable to choose curtains hanging in front of the frame rather than curtains hanging in the frame. This creates a larger surface.
The thicker the fabric, the better
The thicker the fabric, the better they are able to absorb sound waves. These curtains do better than inbetweens. Lined curtains do better than unlined, and a triple pleat is better than a single pleat.
In addition, there are certain fabrics that have been specially developed for the optimum absorption of sound waves. So-called acoustic curtains. We can recognize these by the acoustic symbol.
Tip: If the fabric itself is not acoustic (without the acoustic symbol), it can still be transformed into an acoustic curtain using a specialized lining.
They are beautiful!
Acoustic curtains ugly? Absolutely not! We offer a wide range of soundproof curtains. For all tastes and styles.
The acoustic value is not visible on the fabric. However, you will notice it in your living comfort!
Did you know we are known for our curtains with added value? Do you want to improve your acoustics but still want a durable curtain? Or do you want to improve your acoustics while using a blackout curtain? No problem!
We have many fabrics with combined properties. And if a property is not in the fabric, you can add it using a lining.
· Acoustic. Also known as soundproof curtains.
· Blackout. Semi-blackout or complete blackout.
· Insolating. Keep the heat inside in winter and outside in summer.
· Sustainable. Read more about our sustainable vision.
5 tips for better acoustics in your home
- Opt for acoustic curtains instead of normal curtains or inbetweens. Can't find an acoustic curtain? You can also use another fabric with an acoustic lining.
- Hang acoustic curtains in places where you wouldn't think of in the first place. For example in the hall, at the front or rear door.
- Add more fabrics in your home. For example with a carpet or tapestry.
- Opt for a fabric sofa instead of a leather one.
- There are also absorbent murals, which are ideal for the office.