Curtain fabricsThe House of Happiness curtain fabrics are available in various densities and in a wide variety of styles and patterns. Curtain fabrics make a room cosy, absorb noise and preserve your privacy. Most of the A House of Happiness curtain fabrics are available in full widths (approx. 140 cm) and finished with a hem. Floor to ceiling heights are also an option, with no seams visible in the finished article. A weighted cord is often added at the bottom, to make the curtain drape nicely and eliminate the need for a hem.
Roman blinds will make a room a little darker in daytime when compared with open curtains on a rail, depending on how far the blinds are pulled up. They certainly add to the privacy aspect. When drawn down, Roman blinds can shut off the outside world completely.
Types of curtain fabrics
- Plain, smooth or structured: suitable for large surfaces and lovers of basic interiors, to give a room a tranquil look.
- With printed patterns: add a decorative style element to your room.
- With woven patterns: generally less vivid than printed patterns but more decorative than plain fabrics. Give your room whatever style you want.
- Blackout fabrics: are available in all these types at A House of Happiness, and are ideal for darkening bedrooms, for example. NB. The fabrics do not give a 100% blackout effect; lighter colours in particular will let some light through. The special feature of our blackout fabrics is that they are woven in 3 layers; an extra black layer is added between the inner and outer layers to make the fabric extra dense, and in some cases also somewhat thicker and stiffer.
- Children's rooms: All the above curtain fabrics are also available in bright colours specially suited for children's rooms, in a wide range of patterns, from cheerful and colourful to sober and macho. We also offer a large number of blackout versions of the children's room curtain fabrics!
In-between fabrics are semi-transparent and are available in many different styles and patterns. In-between fabrics can be used in the same way as curtain fabrics, without being completely closed off from the outside world in the evenings in particular. The in-betweens by A House of Happiness are often made from floor to ceiling fabrics.
When used in Roman blinds, the light is filtered into the room, with a reasonable amount of privacy.
Plain in-between fabrics: suitable for large surfaces and lovers of basic interiors, to give a room a tranquil look.
Decorative, patterned in-between fabrics: to add a decorative style element to your room.
Net fabrics are transparent and may have a woven structure or decorative edging. Floor to ceiling heights are an option, with no seams visible in the finished article. These fabrics are generally supplied in a number of heights, as they're frequently designed to fall onto the window ledge or just below it. A weighted cord or decorative edge in lace or macramé is often added at the bottom, to make the curtain drape nicely and eliminate the need for a hem.
Net curtains are combined with curtain fabrics to give privacy in the evenings and make a room cosier. Net curtains are sometimes also referred to as lace curtains.
- Plain, smooth or structured
- With a printed pattern
- With a woven pattern